Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy 97th Birthday Grandmother


My Grandmother celebrated her 97th birthday on January 21st. We had a little birthday celebration for her at church yesterday afternoon.

My Mom had a table set up with pictures of the family including my Great-Grandparents and my Grandmother's great-great grandchildren.
She has two daughters, six grandsons, one granddaughter (me), four great-granddaughters, four great-grandsons and four great-great granddaughters. Wow!

Abby Grace celebrated her 10th birthday yesterday. Grandmother adopted Kaylee, Abby and Jack as "extra grandchildren" when she moved here.

Bryson being silly! I don't think he ended up eating much cake, but he sure liked the chips and peanuts!

It is hard to believe that Kaylee will be thinking about high school this time next year! I have already told her that I would chaperone the prom.

Sara and Rhonda cut and served the cake.


I love this picture of my Grandmother. It shows what she does best--talk!


My oldest cousin, Tyke, surprised my Grandmother by coming down from St. Louis. His two daughters, Heather and Hillary, also came form Nashville with their little girls. It was the first time that Grandmother had meet her youngest two great-great granddaughters and she was so excited and proud!
Kathleen and Anna

Emma, Kathleen and Anna with Grandmother

Tyke, Heather, Hillary and the three great-great granddaughters

Abby wanted to cut the cake so bad!


Anna Claire


Kathleen Grace


Bryson really enjoyed playing with Emma. When she came, he thought she wouldn't be able to run very fast with her polka dotted pants on. He found out that she is a pretty fast runner!


I hope my Grandmother had a great time celebrating with her family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so happy! Glad she had a nice birthday with her family!

    ReplyDelete