Thursday, October 20, 2011

Saturday Fun In The Smokies

Our last full day in the mountains was packed! We started the day with a hike. Then we came back to the resort to rest and grill hamburgers. I had gotten Bryson a haunted house to decorate so we went on the porch and got to work. Bryson had lots of fun putting all the candy and icing on. I think he thought he was going to eat the whole thing. He did end up eating part of the roof when it collapsed.




Cary and I had planned on going to the Dixie Stampede since Cary had never been. Since Sara is allergic to horses, we thought we could take Bryson to the show while everyone else went to the antique stores. Bryson loved the show! We went a little early so we could get some pictures made out front. They always have it decorated for fall.






Bryson and I both agreed that our favorite part of the show was the pig races! Bryson also loved waving his flag every time their was a contest against the North and the South. Unfortunately, we had to sit on the North side because the South sold out quickly. But, we ended up winning at the end!

After the show we saw the horses and met some of the riders, then we headed back to The Old Mill to pick up some corn chowder mix. We had a little time to waste so we went to the the toy store and headed down to the water to practice skipping rocks again and feed the ducks.



Our last stop for the day was the famous Wild Woody go-carts. It is always a tradition to ride go-carts here. I usually am the fastest driver. However, on the last lap when I was about to pass Cary and Sara, I got hit by another car that spun me around. I sat on the track waiting for help when a worker from the kiddie area finally rescued me. When I got back to the start, they had already closed the gate on me!






Bryson was so excited about riding the go-carts by himself. We waited a long time for Stephen to get the tickets for him. Then Bryson decided he didn't want to ride! He wanted to ride back with Cary and I, but started throwing a fit right when we pulled out of the parking lot. We had to listen to him scream all the way back to the resort. Needless to say, I was ready for him to go to bed!

It was a great way to spend our last full day in the Smoky Mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment