Monday, December 26, 2011

Going To The Chapel . . .

And I'm going to get married!


So. . . Cary and I just exchanged stocking this year. I was opening up my things that were wrapped in the stocking. I thought one was perfume. When I opened it, there was a ring inside. I do not like any kind of surprise (even at Christmas) and this was definitely a surprise, but it was a good surprise. Cary is not ever at a loss for words, but he just shyly asked me to marry him after I asked him what the ring was for! It was pretty undramatic. We went to show my brother and sister-in-law as well as my parents before church. 

Cary did a very good job picking out the ring. It is an antique ring probably from the 1930's. I love it!

I still have to get it fitted (I have very small fingers.) and I am scared to death that it is going to fall off so I haven't been wearing it except in public. Hopefully, the jeweler will be open tomorrow and I can get it fitted.

The Future Mrs. Cary Hurt 

No plans for a wedding yet. Maybe within the year, but we will not be planning on anything super extravagant. I would rather spend the money on another trip out of the country!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Aimee! So happy for you! The ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! So happy for you and Cary! I better get an invite to this wedding :) can't wait to hear details! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and Cary! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete