Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Best Meal At The Beach

When Cary and I rented bikes, one of the towns we biked to was Seaside. We wandered around for a while admiring houses that we could never buy. We also stopped at a little ice cream shop and had gelato and sorbet. We discovered a restaurant that sounded good, but neither one of us was hungry. We decided to visit the next day for lunch. My parents went with us and we explored a few shops before lunch.



We ate lunch at Great Southern and it was the best food that I have had in a while! It is a fresh, local, somewhat organic place. I had the crab cakes and fried green tomatoes. Delicious! Cary had the shrimp and grits. I am not usually a huge grits fan, but I tried his and it was so good! We are thinking about having shrimp and grits as one of our entrees at our wedding and if they were that good, I would eat a lot! My parents also enjoyed their lunch. My Dad had a barbecue sandwich and fried green tomatoes while my Mom had fried chicken, real mashed potatoes and green beans. This is definitely a place to visit again, maybe more than once a vacation!

We met the rest of the family at Pickle's and made our way to the dolphin cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment